Flat Roof

Hi N Thornton

I recently had a flat roof problem and decided to put a fibreglass roof on myself a DIY project. I came across an ebook book priced £2 advertised in google sponserd links on the web at;

It proved very beneficial it is in two sections one concerning hiring a flat roofer, i.e. questions to ask, how much you should pay, what materials should be used, how to avoid the "cowboys", what the isurance and guarantees mean etc; and another section concerned with DIY which included easy to understand graphic illustration. It was full of useful information concerning all aspects of flat roofing, how to fit the decking, different types of material, how to fit a warm roof, where to source fibreglass supplies and how to apply it etc;

Best of luck with your roof;

and hope this is of help

Regards

Fred

Reply to
Fred

What a remarkable coincidence it is that flatroof-advice.co.uk is registered to Alexander Frederick Hodson, while hodson.co.uk is registered to Steven Hodson!! Distant relative maybe?

Pathetic!

Reply to
Grunff

I've paid my =A32 through Paypal. How do I get the book?

Reply to
kenknott

On 8 Jan 2005 17:14:19 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

Oh dear. Could you stick something in my PayPal account too please. I'll send you a book on how to become as millionaire in a week.

Reply to
Lurch

Can you people stop being sarcastic and let me know what is going on here. Thanks.

Reply to
kenknott

On 9 Jan 2005 06:16:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

Sorry, didn't realise you were being serious. I thought most people knew a con when they saw it. As the OP is a spamming f****it they won't be reading this group so you need to contact them through the site.

Reply to
Lurch

What are the tell-tale signs of this con? The website looks quite genuine.

Reply to
kenknott

On 9 Jan 2005 13:14:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

The fact that someone spammed a newsgroup from Google Groups never to be seen again and replied to five posts from ages ago with the same answer offering no advice other than to buy his ebook.

You've been done, and if you haven't you will be one day.

Reply to
Lurch

Either you're extremely stupid, or you're having us on. Go back and read my initial reply to the spamming f****it.

Reply to
Grunff

Are you always this rude? I occasionally visit the uk diy site, saw the posting on Flat Roof and thought it looked interesting and useful. Does that make me stupid?

Reply to
kenknott

On 9 Jan 2005 14:38:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

Who? I usually am, yes.

Yes. But it's not your fault you didn't know any better. I suppose you buy stuff over the phone when the double glazing man calls do you?

Reply to
Lurch

Not always, I save it for the terminally stupid.

Actually, yes, it does.

Reply to
Grunff

On 9 Jan 2005 14:38:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com strung together this:

While we're at it, if you're going to respond to posts, leave them at the top of the message and reply below as no-one has any idea what you're replying to.

Reply to
Lurch

I've now received access to a 94 page pdf file containing flat roof advice for my =A32.

I still don't know how I was supposed to know this was a spammer. I just clicked on the link in the first message before you and others warned against it.

Reply to
kenknott

The OP was snipped-for-privacy@hodson.co.uk He's never posted to this group before, but suddenly appeared with replies to three ancient threads and one new one, all recommending a visit to

The domain flatroof-advice.co.uk is registered to one Alexander Frederick Hodson.

Reply to
Rob Morley

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:34:07 -0000, Rob Morley strung together this:

And I'll bet that the info you get in the ebook is just what you can get on here, only a bit more general. uk.d-i-y is free though.

Reply to
Lurch

Although I haven't studied it in detail, you might well be right. This is certainly a great site for people like me with limited DIY experience.

A final (?) point on all this. If this thread is inappropriate and is being used by spammers, why hasn't the thread been deleted?

Reply to
kenknott

This is an unmoderated Usenet group, not a web bulletin board - there's nobody in charge and no central place to delete stuff from anyway.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Which is exactly why it pays to stick around, read what people have to say, ask questions, and figure out for yourself who you want to listen to and who you want to ignore.

Reply to
Grunff

It's not a great 'site' at all. It's a site someone has set up to grab all of the discussion on a public newsgroup, repackage it and republish it as if it were theirs. It's not.

The public newsgroup is just that; public. So it can't be done. The people who run the web site you're using can't be bothered, as it involves actual work.

Why not set up a newsreader to read uk.d-i-y directly, and cut out the middleman?

Reply to
Bob Eager