Flat(ish) network wall socket?

Does anyone know if there exists a ethernet rj45 wall mounted outlet which has the actual socket on one of the edges rather than coming out the front?

Maybe something about the thickness/shape of a domestic light switch. I can't really cut the wall get enough space to get the depth needed for a flush mounted faceplate - and the surface mounted box sticks out too far. thanks.

Reply to
dave

dave coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yes - there are downward pointing ones.

Let's see...

Top one here:

are very small, but surface mounted. Do double check that it is Cat5e. Some of those have screw terminals and most certainly do not better Cat5 (100Mbit/s). You want one with a proper punch down "krone block" inside.

If you actually want one with the form factor of a single gang plate, then the best you'll get is a 45 degree downward outlet.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Given the design of the actual socket itself I'd say a vertical outlet one would stick out from the wall just as far - although of course the plug wouldn't. I'd say you could mount a conventional flush one in a plaster depth box let just slightly more than normal into the wall.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

just what's needed. Thanks.

Reply to