Flat felted roof

Hi all, I have just finished building my 14ft x 10ft shed it has a double layer felt roof but i still get water comeing in and i have looked for a gap in the felt but can not see where its coming from, it has a 8inch slope on it, so instead of refelting would it be possible to cover the roof in hot bitumen? As this might be the cheaper option as a burner from hss is only 15 any ideas how much the bitumen is ? as i notice BQ do a aquaseal roof repair 5 litres for 15, ideas or suggestions please.
Steve
SJ wrote:

What sort of quality is the felt? Some of the "shed" quality felt I've seen is so porous as to be virtually worthless.
Our shed has torch-on felt, why I don't know - it was like it when we bought the place, but it has never leaked in the last 9 years. Unlike the main house roof, which has ;(
Lee
--
To reply use lee.blaver and ntlworld.com

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 14:34:19 +0000, SJ wrote:

<snip>
Doesn't sound like much of fall for that area, basically flat. Capillary action is probably drawing water between the layers.
Don't get any water through the shed roof I did a couple of years back. But it is a "traditional" 6x8 shed with a proper pitched roof. Single layer of bog standard Marely "Shed Roof Felt", all exposed edges clout nailed at 2" intervals. Withstood the F9 Severe Gale, gusting to the mid 50's mph no problem, it's survived other gales as well.
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Whilst I don't have experience of the material used for roofing purposes I wonder if glass fibre might be a better option?
http://www.cyb-glassfibre.co.uk/glass_fibre_roof_building.htm
Felt roofs have always proved troublesome in my experience. If I had to do another flat roof project I'd certainly consider glass fibre as an option.
PoP

Is it water from outside, or is it condensation building up inside the roof space ?
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 23:46:20 GMT, "BigWallop"

Definately water from outside, sorry the fall on the roof is 14inch not as prev stated

If you can't see any obvious holes, then the most next likely cause is capillary action through one of the seams in the felt. Paint some liquid bitumen along the seams and it should help.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com