flashing digital electricity meter

So it flashes faster when more power is being take (afaik). But there's not much on it now - and the led is continiously on. Does that mean it's flashing so fast I can't see it (!) - or maybe is in some other mode?

Reply to
mike

That usually means there's nothing being used. I think it's to show it's still operating.

auctions

It means it's flashing really, really, slowly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hmmm, who pays for the electricity consumed by the flashing (or long time lit) LED?

Is that connected before the metering circuit, or after?

If all these flashing LED's in the country were disconnected, could we save a power station from being built?

:-)

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

If by power station you mean B+Q wind turbine, possibly.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

Which reminds me (veeeerrry tangentially) (and this is one for Redingensians only) I notice that after they'd put up their toy windmill Green Park put up a couple of pylons with their name lit up in green lights. Now what do folks reckon: does the genny provide enough power to run the lights? :-)

Reply to
John Stumbles

Just to return to the O.Thread for a 'mo - the led on this thing is on continuously when the kettle is on. So that's far from not using any elec.

Reply to
mike

Just had to get my gas reducer valve replaced, as the boiler engineer measured 35 mBar. Whilst they were at it they replaced my nice compact electronic gas meter with a refurbished mechanical one, as the batteries are all due to fail soon, and they want to get rid of them before they stop reading. Things have apparently got complicated with the separation of supply and distribution.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon