Flame on Vokera Boiler

Hi, I have a Vokera (80SP) boiler which seems to be playing up. As I understand it, it should have "low flame" and "high flame" to modulate the water to the correct temperature. If I turn the hot water temperature dial to the top it stays on high flame and I get hot water. If I turn the dial down, then I get "high flame" followed by "pilot only" followed by "high flame" etc so the water fluctuates from red hot to luke warm.

It's as if the "low flame" doesn't fire for some reason. Can anyone suggest what might cause this?

Thanks Vicky

Reply to
yebutnobut

In article , snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com writes

LOL, this appears to be the most DIY'd boiler on this group, there's a few of us looking after them.

First step I would say is to download the Installer Manual from Vokera:

(needs flash), head for Installer > Product Info >

Discontinued Products

The manual has good fault finding flows and low flame fault finding and level setting is one of the well documented sections.

You don't say if you have just inherited this boiler or if it has been yours for a while and it has just broken down. If you have just inherited it then the low flame setting may have been screwed up (or is that down) by someone attempting a service. Trouble is that the setting is made via an all to visible spindle (once the cover is off) and people seem to love having a fiddle, follow the manual to obtain a reliable level. If however this has failed after long and faithful service then it may be a symptom that it needs a good service and clean out before resetting the flame.

Also have a search on google groups advanced search for vokera + 80SP (or + excell) in this group and you will find a mine of information.

Reply to
fred