Fixings for Tiled Cavity Walls

I am looking for recommendations on fixings for tiled plasterboard walls. The walls are "paramount" construction which means plaster board with cardboard egg crating between -- so no good looking for studs!

I tend to favour the metal type fixings in plain plaster board - the type that deform in the cavity and leave a captive nut so that the fixing can be undone and re-made if necesary. However these have a faceplate with "teeth" to key into the face of the plaster to prevent the whole thing revolving - no good on tiles of course.

I am hoping to use fixings to secure:

Bathroom accessories:

Towel rail Soap dish Toothbrush holder Shower screen maybe

So some items will require quite serious fixings.

Any recommendations on fixing types etc appreciated.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

If it was me, and I had one of these, I'd spend a few moments with an angle grinder, remove the teeth, and use adhesive. There is probably a right way.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Try these, they work quite well.

John Woodhall