fixings for this...

This is for stove register plate.

1.5mm mild steel sheet to 3mm mild steel angle

Can't get to other side to fit nut.

Self Tappers do it? or too thick? I may just pop rivet it on as I'm unlikely to need to dismantle it and not the end of the world if I do have to, almost as quick if not quicker to drill the heads off.

Also need to fix the sheet to concrete don't want to use sleeve anchors - need a nice finish ie pan head. Concrete is a bit crumbly. Can't use plastic plugs - must be heat proof or can I? How hot will the perimeter get?

Reply to
visionset

Resin fixings would be good. If it'll get really hot, you could use a high temp rated stuff such as 'liquid metal' type car glues. Araldite epoxy turns to jelly when hot, the labels are rather misleading about that.

Pop rivets - why not.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Multi monte?

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=multi+momte#I've just started using these as a result of a rec from someone on this group & they are brilliant.

Most pop rivets are aluminium - will that take the heat?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=multi+momte#>> I've just started using these as a result of a rec from someone on

Try

Don Spumey

They might, but these would probably do better:

(it can be worth pre drilling an undersized hole first if the metal is more substantial.

Reply to
John Rumm

Now I'm going to get fussy, a) I don't want to buy 100 of them b) I want a flusher fixing like dome or pan head. Or rivet.

There really is a need for the local DIY shop that really is a proper DIY shop and sells stuff in buckets. When I had my kit car project it wasn't so bad I really did need rivets by the 1000 and M4/5/6 machine screws by the 100s. But I just want a handful now and really don't want to keep a stock of stuff I so rarely need if ever.

Reply to
visionset