Fixing wood to a dampcourse...

Hi,

Second question about this wretched outbuilding... There is a low wall (18 inches), on which there is a bitumous felt dampcourse, then a studwork frame.

Between the frame and the inside of the wall, there is about 1 brick's width of the dpm running the length of the wall. This is unsightly, so I want to put a varnished or stained wood top onto it.

How can I fix this down - I presume I shouldn't screw through the felt, though I presume the studwork was fixed that way.

I thought of using "No more nails" or similar under the felt to fix it to the top of the bricks, then on top to fix the wood to the felt, but that seems expensive and a hack...

Can I fix through the dpm (the wall seems dry and the studwork & associated plasterboard seems ok).

Thanks

Mike

Reply to
Mike Deblis