Fixing wire wall-shelf unit

Hello,

My wife has bought a wire wall-shelf unit that I need to put up. I don't have a photo of the same unit but it's fairly similar to this one :

's going onto a dry-lined wall and it's come without any fixings at all. Unlike the one in the photo, ours has a single wire loop at the top which looks like it could just be hooked over a nail or screw, but I doubt that alone is likely to take the weight of what she's planning on putting on it. Also it won't stop it from swinging from side to side if someone bangs into it.

I think what I really want is some kind of fixing that wraps around the wire shelf and screws back into the wall, but I can't find any such fixings. The best I can think of at the moment is to use plasterboard plugs with roundhead screws. Perhaps a couple of screws under each of the shelfs to take the weight, with another just above the shelf to stop it from lifting.

Anyone got any better ideas/suggestions.

Thanks

Reply to
Kevin

Steel P clips might do?, e.g.

Or book Travelodge or Brewer's Inn and hide.

Reply to
Adrian C

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

I was thinking along similar lines, car brake pipe "P" clips come to mind.

MuddyMike

The whole website is blocked. I can't say I've ever seen ESET display a message in quite that form.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Avast! lets it through and Avast is quite keen on blocking sites.

Reply to
PeterC

Very occasionally, ESET does come up with a false positive. But as I said, I don't recall a website being blocked with a warning message in this form. It almost looks like a spoof, but I can't see how.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!), ESET doesn't give you an obvious option of letting it in (although there probably IS a way to do this).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

P-clips

Reply to
grimly4

When Avast blocks a site it offers only disconnection. I close the tab, close Avast's box and then Delete Private Data (Opera 12) to clear the cache.

Reply to
PeterC