Fixing toilet pan to tiled floor

Is there a standard way of fixing a toilet pan to a marble tiled floor

The old pan, that I am replacing, left, at the back, two grey blobs o epoxy type resin, very hard, that is solidly fixed to the marble tile on the floor (perhaps with something screwed into the floor, I don? know). The resin protrudes and fits into the two back holes at the bas of the pan. I could use these two fixed points with some more epoxy typ glue.

At the front the unit had two big blobs of silicone that came unstuc from the tiles, nothing fixed to the floor. I could copy the same.

However, since I need to redo plumbing and the fixing of the cistern a the back (because of different toilet dimensions), I am thinking o bringing the toilet closer to the wall and that requires four ne fixings to the floor.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

I have fixed the 3 wc's in my place simply by bedding them on a good quality anti-fungal silicone.

Reply to
Rick

Thats no bad way.

The grey stuff that was there already is probably car body filler. Next to PVA glue, it has more uses to fill gaps and stick unlikley things together then almost any other substance.

Its worth a try. I use it extensively when making edgings for acrylic baths

- stick bits of wood to them with it and then fix to the wood.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Body car filler, interesting, thank you very much for the tip, make sense, and I will certainly give it a try (if you have a web address t get it from it would be great)

I agree also that a good bed of silicone may just do it, I have notice that other toilet pans at home may just have that.

I am going to do it haf way then: Body car filler through the two hole with grey stuff already, hoping they will bond somewhat, and a good be of silicone all around the base.

Thanks,

Antoni

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

A bed is not the same as a bead.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Good point, I guess the poster before meant a good "beading".

I understand, I will inject silicone around from outside once the pa is touching the floor, I won't lay a bed of silicone and rest the pa on top.

Thanks for the clarification

-- asalcedo

Reply to
asalcedo

I (mis)understood the opposite - that you were intending to only apply a bead of silicone as you said "all around the base" rather than "all over the base".

Reply to
Rob Morley