Fixing to plasterbord

Hi all

Perhaps this is a silly question but do you think i can get away with fixing a very small tower warmer solely to plasterboard?

Or am i going to have to cut a big hole in the plasterboard, install some supports and then replace the section of board? ;-(

Stephen

Reply to
STephen

The trouble is a towel warmer on a wall will eventually look like a hand-rail to someone. I wouldn't chance it on plasterboard. Is it a stud wall? I'd try and fit at least one pair of the legs (I assume it has four?) to one of the studs. If not, can you cut a bit of 12 mm ply just big enough to fit to all four feet, then screw that through the plasterboard to some of the studs? Painted, it won't show too much especially with a towel on it. Or you could cut out the plasterboard and "shim" the ply so that it is flush.

Reply to
Newshound

Thanks Newshound. Thats good advice.

Reply to
STephen

Probably. ;-)

Use something like:

have hung rads and 37" flat panel displays on these in the past.

That is the other option. Probably overkill for a small rail.

Reply to
John Rumm

Reply to
STephen