Fixing thru DPM

Hi

Already posted this, no replies so I'll try again!

I'm installing a pre hung exterior door in my porch soon. I am having to make a glased timber fill in piece about 300 mm wide because the opening is an odd size.

This fill in piece needs to be securely fixed because the door frame will be fixed to it (on the lock side).

I can fix one side to the brick work, the top I can fix into the lintel, but I reckon I need to fix the bottom as well.

This will mean fixing through the DPM I will be laying under the fill in piece and the door frame.

If I use enough suitable sealant in/around the hole will this be OK? Or is there another way?

Dave

Reply to
Magician

I saw this on one of those Tommy Walsh DIY programs once. He put up a stud wall on a screed above a DPM and did exactly what you suggest. The sealant went into hole before any rawlplugs. I was a little surprised at the time but on reflection it did seem sensible.

I'm guessing someone is going to disagree with me but fair enough.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie