Fixing mirror to tiled plasterboard wall

Hi
Can someone recommend the best method of fixing a fairly heavy mirror to a plasterboard wall that is tiled with ceramic tiles (bathroom wall)?
The back of the mirror has two standard slots to be hung on to medium - large screws.
If the wall was brick etc. I would just use some heavy duty wallplugs but I am not sure what to use on this wall. The tiles are 6mm thick, the plasterboard is 12mm so with tile cement etc it is probably a little over 20mm thick. On a normal wall I would use screws that were 11/2 x 10 or maybe 1 3/4 x 10, is there a suitable plug that will allow me to use these?
Thanks

Remember to sink the fixing beneath the level of the tiles otherwise you run the risk of splitting them whnee you tighten the screw.
There are a myriad of fixings suitable for this application. Have a look in Screwfix or visit your local shed.
Paul Mc Cann

The more fixings you use the better the spread of the weight will be. You could stick with the fittings you have if you glued two battons to the wall to hold them.
If you weren't bothered about taking the mirror off and not doing damage in the future you could just glue the mirror to the wall. Double sided adhesive tape might mean you'd only damage the mirror. I couldn't say for sure.
There is info about mastics for mirrors on here somewhere.

I have a note in my files: "Screwfix mirror mounting mastic: part number D14491". HTH.
On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:58:05 +0000, Mike Tomlinson

mirrors to walls. Different kits for different sizes of mirror. They do not seem to quote a web address on their literature (Swiss company in Furth) We got ours from a shop selling bathroom equipment including mirrors.
The problem i have is that the design of this mirrormeans I can not tighten it against the wall like you would with say a coat hanger. Unfortunately, it needs me to leave about 1/2 inch or so of the screw protruding from the wall to hang it on. All the fixings I have seen require you to fully tighten them e.g. to compress the toggle etc.
As the mirror is in a chrome frame I can't see how i can fix it with adhesive, it is this framework that adds to the weight.
Any suggestions?
writes

Withe a toggle type fitting you could fit an additional nut and washer on the the toggle fitting so that the screw head sticks out a little way. (Washer pressing on tile and nut pressing on washer - Hold nut still and tighten screw to secure fixing)
Michael Chare

Use a spring-toggle cavity fastening, but remove the screw before use and fit a bit of tubing sufficiently long to allow the mirror to slot on, and a washer for the tube to bear against.
When tightened the washer will be against the tiles, with the length of tubing and screw head protruding.
Happy New Year.
N wrote:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?tsE260&id 143
Is certainly one which can leave a protruding bolt head. I have used them in a similar wall with much more cantilevered loading than your mirror would impose.
They need quite a large hole in the tile, and are best at a join, so there is something for the fixing to grip to stop it turning.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk