Fixing MDPE pipe to wooden floor

I'm laying a new hardwood floor and planning on using 25mm blue mdpe water pipe as conduit under the floor for speaker cables. Looks like this is quite a bit cheaper than electrical conduit and will only be carrying low voltage stuff anyway. But, having drilled an appropriate hole in the floorboards I am looking for suggestions for ways of fixing the pipe to the boards such that it can't come loose. If it falls out and disappears under the floor then I've lost it.

Ideas please.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

You could try cutting a piece of plastic drinks bottle, a square shape should do the trick, and make a hole the diameter of the these liners:

the plastic on the liner and insert the liner inside the pipe with a touch of rubber solution glue to hold it. Making sure the plastic drinks bottle section is tight around the liner. It should act as a flange to stop the pipe from pulling through the floor, and the liner and bottle piece should lie flat enough not to be noticed.

Reply to
BigWallop

On 10 Nov 2004 08:49:50 -0800, andrew_d snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Andrew May) strung together this:

Cut the pipe flush with the surface of the floorboard and screw through the side of the pipe into the board as near to horizontally in the centre of it as you can. Some 4.0 x 35mm goldscrews would be ideal.

Reply to
Lurch

2 ways I have used to fix this pipe, both look ugly

1) 22mm copper pipe clips, the can be bent to fit, they won't scree fully down.

2) screw each side, and cable tie the pie to the screws

Another

3) 8mm rebar bent into a "U" shape

Some more

4) you can get really big "staples", or U shaped nails from fencing people. I have some that would easilly fit

5) spray foam

6) bit of ply wood, and some screws

Rick

Reply to