Fixing LED christmas lamps to outside of house

A relative wants to fit a long string of very lightweight LED christmas lamps to the outside of her house, which is a mixture of brick and slightly fragile render . The house is in an exposed location so I'm reluctant to use any kind of galvanised or brass-plated steel fixings, or to drill more holes than necessary.

I was thinking gluing very small stainless steel screw eyes, or small loops of stainless steel wire to the projecting top surface of some bricks using epoxy, and threading plastic cable ties through those to hold the lights. In January, the cable ties will be cut but the rings/eyes left in place for next year.

Any better ideas?

Reply to
LumpHammer

Don't know about better but because I had already had couple of rolls I tried armaflex tape,the stuff that is intended to cover joins where lengths of pipe insulation meet. Providing the surface is dry the tape sticks like shit to a blanket and it made putting some lights up very quick. This is on the underside of finlock guttering so out of direct exposure to rain . Has done the job for about 5 years now,trouble is I'll soon run out of tape and my former colleagues have retired as well so may actually have to buy some.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Stretch a support wire across the front of the house, if there's somewhere suitable to anchor the ends, and hang the lights from that.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel