Fixing laminate to wall

A friend wants to use laminate as a splashback in his kitchen. The walls are painted plaster. What's the best way to fix it?

He's thinking of using carpet tape. I think contact adhesive would be better.

Reply to
mike

I doubt carpet tape would last very well. I used Gripfill to fix similar sheeting to the walls of a clean room in 1990 and it is still holding.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

I use this.......

course

Reply to
BrainsHere

Can I be the first to say WHY? If wet it will bow and any glued joints will split. Apart from that IMO it will look awfull! What does he have against tiles / glass / stainless steel?

Reply to
Slider

Is it possible OP was referring to laminate materials such as Formica - rather than flooring laminates?

Reply to
Rod

Yup, Formica style laminate, not laminate flooring.

Reply to
mike

Apologies - as soon as I hear laminate I always think of flooring.

Reply to
Slider

I think you're right

Reply to
stuart noble

The laminate should fix with gripfix etc but the wall will have to be pretty flat otherwise it may follow any contours to some extent. Perhaps some kind of backing board (ply/mdf etc) would be a good idea. Then the board can be screwed to the wall and the laminate glued.

Where do you buy that stuff anyway? Just curious, I haven't seen it in a shop for years...

Reply to
GMM