fixing down pipe connectors

Are there any recommended glues for sticking down pipe bends and pipes together? I'm thing of this type:

and need to fix three of these 112.5 bends together with approx. 6" sections of pipe to get around a corner with no supporting brackets. My thought was to use something like Evostick contact adhesive.

MTIA

Reply to
bof

Why not use the proper solvent weld adhesive sold for the purpose??

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Because the description mentions that it's got a seal built in, so it's designed to be supported and just pushes together?

It might be possible to find some solvent weld pipes of the right size.

Reply to
John Williamson

Hmm! I've used lots of screwfix floplast guttering and the only seals I've seen are in the gutter couplings. Normally you have to use a piece of downpipe when cascading fittings because the male spigot is sized to fit inside pipe and the female socket take the outside diameter of the pipe.

Go easy on the solvent weld as any excess squeeze out that stays visble will eventually go white and show badly against the black

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Well that one sayas it has seals so I suspect it'll hang togeter quite well without further assistance. But can't you get a bracket where the outlet joins to the first length of pipe or bend and again after the last bend? The clips come in two different sizes, one to go around the 68mm pipe and one to go around the socket that the pipe would fit into.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

As you were, then. I was going by the catalogue description.

Reply to
John Williamson

Downpipe is traditionally not welded together because you will invariably have to dismantle it to clear blockages.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

You definitely don't want to be gluing downpipe. As with gutters, it expands alot in the sun and will buckle if you do. When you install it, don't push the spigots right home, it leaves space for expansion.

Reply to
harryagain

I guess this is my question really, did a search and couldn't find anything. These aren't solvent weld pipes and connectors, but made from PVC with a sloppy fit, rather than the close fit of solvent weld piping.

Reply to
bof

The pipe connectors don't have any seals, I assume this refers to the guttering components

Reply to
bof

OK, my experience differs, all the troubles I've had with guttering and down pipes is due to the joints coming apart, expansion and contraction, I assume, of the guttering, and down pipes being hit by footballs and being swung on be feral yoof. Never had a blocked down pipe, but I guess they'd clear pretty easily with a power washer drain clearing hose.

Reply to
bof

Read the question Harry The op wants to make a complex bend arrangement from fittings and is not able to use brackets. Solvent welding is appropriate here and the USE of bits of downpipe is needed for the assembly. No one is suggesting welding downpipe runs. Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thats what I did at the bottom of my fall pipe. I needed two 45 deg bends to "kick out" the pipe past a lip in the wall. The lip was not suitable to use a bracket on it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , bof writes

OK thanks for all the suggestions, ended up using Wilkinson's own brand contact adhesive, and so far it seems to have stuck strong.

Reply to
bof