Fixing broken kitchen drawer

Hi,

The small metal brackets that fix the drawer front (wooden) to the drawer body (metal) have broken on a kitchen drawer. The bracket consists of a plate with 2 holes to fit to then drawer front and a piece at 90deg with a cam and screw hole. The latter fit into a slot in the drawer side.

The brackets are labelled Blum ZSF.150-02 (L&R), but I can't find any similar brackets in the local BMs. The kitchen is fairly old (15 years) but I don't want to replace the kitchen over one unit!

Help appreciated. M.

Reply to
Mark

Screwfix sell all types of differing kitchen unit fixings/rails/brackets etc.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

HI Mark, try

sell blum kitchen fittings and when I was looking for out of date replacement drawer runners they put me through to someone at blums who found some old runners and sent them to me free of charge!

I'm sorry but I didn't keep the number but they (blums)were very helpful and the guys at isaac lord were very knowkegable and helpful too.

dedics

Reply to
Ian & Hilda Dedic

Go to the Blum site

choose UK if necessary.

Try to locate a suitable part. If you do find the part you need, you might be able to get it from a Blum retailer. (I use

or the shop itself.)

Reply to
Rod

There's usually a way to bodge these things with car body filler. Depends how much chasing around you want to do

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Thanks :-) I should have tried them first. They say they are going to send me some spares FOC.

M.

Reply to
Mark

So glad I mentioned them! Glad they can help. And thanks for posting back the result.

Reply to
Rod

Hey Mark

I have broken the same thing. I need to know where you got the new brackets from. Can you tell me what you typed in on the

Reaply soon Akash

Reply to
akashm94

Hi all, I have the same problem with a broken side drawer fixing. This is what I wa s advised to try from a very helpful person at Issac Lord(via email query, answered within a couple of hours)...only 88p each, plus £4.20 p & p.-

Hope it helps.

Reply to
sheila.croney

Hi ,

If you are still looking for the ZSF.150-02 ... please note that blum has a new part number for it. It is now ZSF.1700. You need to buy Left and Right brackets seprately. They are available online for purchase via many companies.

Hope this helps.

Best

Reply to
sbanujje

Was so happy there was a post in 2014! I couldnt find what I needed with the one from 2008. My cabinets are from 1996 and I love them. They are a bright white with a shine like a car at least that is the way it looks to me! I sure didnt want to buy new cabinets either for a drawer. This site was so awesome! I only had 1 drawer that broke but have 8 total drawers and was worried what IF any broke again and they didnt make the part. Getting some specially made would be pricey so i ordered 8 sets just in case! plus the shipping is high so the hinge being so cheap it was a no brainier for me! TY!!!

Reply to
fitter

Reply to
mbeth.wood55

Fast forward to February 2016.... I'm looking for the same replacement parts and just called BLUM Canada (1-905-670-7920) and they are still using the same replacement part numbers ZSF.150-01 and ZSF.150-02. I was advised that they would replace the broken brackets under warranty. To complete the process I am to email them with the broken part numbers and my shipping information snipped-for-privacy@blum.com I hope this is helpful to someone else encountering the same problem. Cheers!

Reply to
mbeth.wood55

replying to Mark, Y.nagar wrote: Now it is 2017. I had the same problem. I bought the ZSF1300 (with the clips) and it fits, too.

Reply to
Y.nagar

replying to sbanujje, Lewi wrote: Hoping this thread might still give answers! Would the ZSF.150-01 be compatible with the ZSF.1700 replacement?

Reply to
Lewi

Feel free to give us a clue what you're talking about.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I never saw the post so it must have gotten into my kill file some time back Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Andy Burns