Fixing angle moulding

We've a number of exposed external corners on walls in our house and they take something of a battering, especially the front door recess and the foot of the stairs.

I'm thinking of using some angle moulding - something like - to protect the plaster.

What would be the neatest way of fixing? No Nails or something like that?

Mark

Reply to
mark.bluemel

Not just me then?

As my hall (slightly grand description for a space that small) is finished in white emulsion, I wondered about using some sort of white plastic moulding. Then, when it inevitably chips, at least it would still be nearly the right colour.

The drawback is that it could look like an institution, but I don't see any realistic way of stopping the damage.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Yep, that will work fine.

I'd be inclined to use the plastic ones instead as the wood ones will need painting and show the damage as bad as the plaster. If you find that the damage occurs only lower down you can just put them in to half height and they will be less obtrusive.

I assume this is a modern plasterboarded house where they didn't bother to put in corner beads, it's only that sort of place that I've seen problems like this.

Reply to
fred

Could be dry lined with just that paper corner tape and joint filler. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson