Fixing an Alumium frame to an RSJ head

Hello

I've got an aluminum patio door ordered to close off a sunroom. The opening into the sunroom is supported by an RSJ beam. The beam has been studded off (with 2"x1" battens) and plastered.

The frame for the patio doors can be top or bottom hung so at the minute I haven't decided which way to go

If I was to top hang the frame could anybody advise me on how I could fix the frame to the RSJ? The timber battens won't give me a good enough fixing IMO.

TIA Sean

Reply to
smullan

It is normal to fit a hard wood frame for aluminium patio doors,where did you buy the doors from they would normally carry the frame and sell it with it

Reply to
Alex

I just drilled a dozzen holes in an RSJ, I just purchased some new HSS drill bits, and some good saftey googles, then went at it with my power drill.

You don't need many, and too many would be bad. I was doing one every

600mm for attaching a top plate to attach rafters too.

Rick

Reply to
Rick