Fixing acrylic bath to corner

Hi Group Any tips on how to solidly fix a plastic bath to minimise movement against a stooving wall. I thought of fixing 3/4x 11/2 under the bath rim with "no nails"and resting it on a 3x11/2 screwed to the wall, and then tiling down to the interface. Any ideas anyone? Mick

Reply to
deleted item

Acrylic baths normally come with a wooden frame under the rim (at least my last one did). They also normally come with brackets.

I was very concerned about the flimsy flexibility of the bath, but was reassured by this NG that all would be well once fitted.

I cut a notch in the plaster/render for the bath rim to fit into, screwed the angle brackets to the wood under the bath rim and the wall, screwed the feet to the floor and the whole thing transformed from a wobbly blob of jelly to a firmly fixed bath.

So (although I initially contemplated building one) I haven't needed a wooden frame to support the bath.

HTH Dave R

Reply to
David W.E. Roberts

My stud walls upstairs are stud-free! Seriously naff egg crate filled panels. A visiting platerer referred to these as "Paramount" walls? For this reason I have built a solid frame for the timber bath support frame to sit on.

Hopefully this will be as good a job as is possible given the house construction.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Use superglue or polyester resin or whatever to GLUE the bath in place. yes. Even works to a plaster finish.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher