Fixing a mirror into a wooden frame

I want to fix a mirror into a wooden frame, and have decided to use silicone sealant.
Is it flexible enough so that the mirror won't get broken as the wood expands and contracts?
The mirror is about 4 inches across the grain, and 10 inches with the grain, in a pine frame.
Thanks
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Smith wrote:

Provided it isn't an old and valuable mirror (among other things the silicone might affect the silvering badly) I'd think this would be fine.
Nick
Add pictures here
✖

Have you seen http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 491&ts‡967
Pete
Add pictures here
✖

I have now, thanks. I assume it does not have the same destructive powers of silicone sealant, since it is meant for mirrors.
In another NG, they suggested panel pins. I would think I would have to put a sheet of cardboard between for that, so I don't get a scratched mirror over time.
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Smith wrote in message ...

push down hard and whack it with the edge of a flat sided chisel or similar. Difficult with a hammer.
Add pictures here
✖
stuart noble wrote:

I actually have a panel pin pusher that I have only used once before, that should do the trick.
Bob
Add pictures here
✖
Bob Smith wrote in message ...

pusher's handle plus your fingers, and often the rebate isn't deep enough for an angled pin.The beauty of the chisel method is that the pin goes in flat *and* square and stops the glass rattling. For a one-off small mirror you could always bend the pins flat.
Add pictures here
✖