Fixing A Drywipe Board to the Wall

I have just purchased (online) a magnetic drywipe board (80cm x 60cm) for my daughter's newly decorated bedroom. The board (a very girly lilac) has a silver-coloured frame but the glass plate-type fixings I have been sent are of a brass effect. This will spoil the look on the wall. Does anyone know of anywhere I can buy silver effect glass plate fixings (I have checked the usual DIY stores - all brassy), or indeed advise of another way of fixing the board, which is not very heavy but must lie flat against the wall.

I know this is a fairly trivial matter, but it is the final touch to my daughter's lovely new room and she can't wait to start using the board.

Reply to
Jo

Silicone or "Sticks Like Shit".

Reply to
Huge

Spraypaint the brackets lilac?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

How about the translucent fittings designed for mirrors?

Reply to
John Rumm

Sound good John, can these be purchased from any DIY store?

Reply to
Jo

OHMYGOD, that is so not cool. Making a rod for your own back here mate.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Jo :

Would self-adhesive Velcro be flat enough?

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Yup,. found them in B&W before now.

also be worth looking at:

John Rumm

These would be suitable but you may need a piece of hardboard behind to pack out. They're designed for a mirror + packing of about 6mm. Most ordinary hardware shops will stock them:

transparent clips mentioned by another poster may not be suitable as they hold the mirror slightly off the backing - IF they're the same as those I've got somewhere.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Double sided sticky tape.

Reply to
dennis

I'm surprised no-one's suggested magnets yet :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain wibbled on Wednesday 25 November 2009 10:56

Just the excuse to buy a selection from here:

the site has some pretty interesting forms - lots of discs with holes in, ideal for screwing down then hanging something off them magnetically. Not bought from them before though...

Reply to
Tim W