Five years for manslaughter - odd cable theft case

I don't think it's any kind of vindictiveness, as that situation might imply, I think he's bang to rights for killing his son.

Reply to
fred

I should have thought it would have said "sod it"!, thats it for tonite folks and shut off;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Ah but one was 'charged' far more than the other ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

The procedure we used to use was to send out an engineer to have a look if an auto-recloser tripped more than three times in a row. However, IIRC, in areas prone to tree branch contacts, the resets were quite widely spaced, so it could have been the final reset that got him.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

It should have done, but in fact it said "oh, this is a different two minutes from the first two" - so I will need another two events to go to lockout!

Reply to
John Rumm

I get no pleasure when something like that is reported, despite how fed up we all are by the cost, inconvenience and danger caused by scum like that to the general public by the damage caused to the power telephone and rail networks.

So many of the tea leaves end up charcoal. Disbelief at the stupidity of it all is how I feel. Before anyone says it, I have no sympathy with those that go out to take and vandalise what isn't theirs.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

I get a little pleasure in knowing that he won't be doing it again, whether or not the father does is another matter, will he learn from his mistake ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

No; he will probably have more children.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Nor do I.

And

annoys me.

Reply to
ARW

/ And

annoys me.

--Adam/

The changed book rules or the protest?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Apparently it's not uncommon to see people missing *both* hands in countries with strict sharia law. The implication being they thieved. Were caught. Had a hand chopped off. Then thieved again ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I do. I think it's highly amusing.

?Stupidity cannot be cured. Stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death. There is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity.?

? Robert A. Heinlein

In fact, I think I may just have found my new sig.

Reply to
Huge

The changed book rules.

Reply to
ARW

Yes. Because banning books will totally stop all the drug packages that are thrown over the wall.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I am incredibly unconvinced that actually happens.

Not only would it be trivially easy to foil - by having a second, inner wall - but it would be impossible for the "sender" to know the correct recipient was going to get the package, and that the time was right to "deliver" it unseen.

Nobody's that stupid. Even people stupid enough to be in prison in the first place.

Reply to
Adrian

It's a better delivery system than the Post Office offers:-)

Reply to
ARW

It happens. If you consider the hours of darkness, small packages being very hard to see... And you do not need every one to succeed - even if

1/5 get through, you've got a problem.
Reply to
Tim Watts

I signed the petition.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Are prisoners even IN the yard during the hours of darkness? If they are, then you can bet the yard is going to be floodlit.

So who's this charitable soul lobbing drugs over without even the slightest care about who receives 'em?

Reply to
Adrian

For what? AFAICT, the "book rules" haven't changed. The "receiving packets in the post" rules are the ones that've changed.

Reply to
Adrian