fitting window into corner

Part of my extension involves a small section of new (cavity) wall that will be joined at right angles to an existing solid 9" house wall, such that the new section forms the leg of a 'T'. On this inside, this will also form the corner of a new room. The new section of wall is to be joined to the old using a wall starter kit, rather than being toothed in. Toothing in is not desirable here since in addition to the possible settlement between old and new, the wall is holding up an RSJ directly above. The new section of wall will have a width 740mm before it turns a right-angle. Into this 740mm section I need to fit a window that is 620mm wide, so that leaves me with 120mm at the side of the window. I was going to make the window bigger so that it filled the whole width (740mm), but then realised it would look silly from inside, since the edge of the window frame would end up being hidden by the plaster - it would look like a bodge. So something needs to go up the side of the window to space it from the existing wall, but 120mm of brick does not seem enough to make a solid fixing using a wall starter kit, since it will end up just being a vertical pile of bricks ! Any ideas ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson