fitting velux windows in line

Another part of my house refurb is fitting of 2 or 3 veluxes above each other up the stone slate roof slope above a new stairwell. NB They will *not* be immediately adjacent to each other but spaced apart to avoid the 2 X huge beams holding up the rafters...

I was envisaging just bunging in 2 or 3 veluxes with standard flashing kits with a line (or so) of (appropriately sized) stone slate showing between each one. However the suggestion is that there is more to it than that.....

I have got somewhat confusing info. that fitting 2 or 3 as I describe will probly need extra flashing kits to effectively cover the gaps between the veluxes - ring any bells with anyone?

So - my questions:-

How small can the gaps between veluxes be *without* needing to run to extra/expensive? flashing kits?

I've had a poke on Velux website but it doesn't seem geared to answer these sorts of things - just to market the concepts (surprise!)

any help/pointers gratefully received

Jim

Reply to
jim