Fitting TRVs on to 10mm copper tube

I'm fitting some radiators, with 10mm pipe, and was going to use some unused TRVs which I have in, but these are for 15mm pipe. Now, ISTR in the past seeing a TRV (15mm) fitted with a reducer to enable it to be used with 10mm tubing. A Screwfix search has thrown up the following:

(or
and I'm wondering, is that what this is? ie, will it work in any TRV? I can't remember whether the one I saw before had a bespoke insert or not.

Thanks David

Reply to
Lobster

You can get concentric ring sets that will fit into the valve in place of the olive and do this, but they are a PITA to fit and somewhat dodgy because they tend to leak IME.

A better solution is a 15mm male to 10mm female adaptor.

Have a look at

part number 9214. Type the part number into the product search and then scroll down the resultant page.

I used the 8mm version of these very successfully. Most of the fitting disappears into the valve so it's very neat. It's also a solid solution in terms of not leaking.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The Screwfix part is the one I used with my 8 mm. It worked fine with several 15 mm trvs. When you tighten the nut the reducer breaks in 2 and one part squeezes the other onto the pipe like an olive. The only problem I had was that the reducer was a little bulky and the nut only just caught the thread so it had to be perfectly square.

Reply to
.