Fitting Soil Pipe to Oversize Coupling

I want to know if there is a way I can join UK soil pipe into soil pipe from another country. The soil pipe from Thailand is about 1/8in bigger in dia than the UK pipe, hence UK pipe fits into a Thai coupling with about 1/8in gap. Seems to big to expect gap filling solvent to glue this. I did wonder about the fibre glass repair kits for cars, the stuff with chopped fibres. This is to join a bottom drain (from the UK) for a Koi pond to be built in Thailand.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

How about a flexible coupling?

Reply to
Grunff

That was quick. I have used a flexible coupling to join two filter chambers together but I would have thought that it wouldn't cope with difference in diameter that I am now trying to join but I could try.

Kevin

Reply to
kajr

Sounds like quite a small difference compared to some of the things I've done with it!

Reply to
Grunff

Having got home I have had the chance to measure it. A uk pipe is 110mm, the internal diameter of the coupling is 114mm, so assume the larger pipe is

114mm diameter. Would a flexi coupling fit over that.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Rayner

Go here:

And put: 11230 in the search box. Look around 2/3rds of the way down the results page. That's the item you want.

Reply to
Grunff

Thanks, that looks ideal.

Kevin