Fitting shower cubical in against plaster board walls

My mother inlaw has asked me to fit a shower cubical in place of her bath, she is having difficulyi getting in and out of a bath. However her bathroom walls are plaster board. Since it is unlikely that the wall battons will line up with the screen fixings fo you think they will be ok attaching to the plaster walls etc, any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Steve Jones

Reply to
Stephen Jones

plaster and replace with hardibacker waterproof lining for tiles to adhere to

and you will also no where the battens are

Reply to
Alex

Or similarly Aquapanel.

also available a Wickes - same stuff but with a Wickes label stuck on.

I've used this in both bathrooms and have been very satisfied with the results. Fantastically heavy though, compared to plasterboard.

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

Take the bath out and make a wet floor with a drain in the middle of it. Right where the bath waste used to be. No having to step up into a shower tray, or climb in and out of a bath. Just walk right in and have a shower. Then all you need is a curtain and track right across the room. Easy.

Reply to
BigWallop