Fitting screw fixings to plaster query

I am installing a curtain runner onto a wooden strip which in turn is fixed to the plaster wall. The position is 3 ins above the inside of the window. What sort of fixing should I use? Would I expect a cavity at that position or will it be solid Also within the 3ins I will add a blind and fix this to the plaster wall. Again what can I expect behind the plaster wall? Any advice would be appreciated

Blair

Reply to
Blair Malcolm