fitting PVC flooring

I have to fit some pvc flooring (single piece) around a loo situated in a 1.5 m wide alcove. What is the correct way to do this to get the piece to fit around the curved edges? Is it best to cut a template out of something first? At the moment I'm at the stage of slit it up the middle and hack bits out until it (doesn't) fit properly! Thanks

Reply to
dave

Lift the loo up and slide it underneath! I tiled our bathroom and regret not doing the same thing, although a harder proposition.

Reply to
Scott M

IMHO its the only way to do it. Cutting around the toilet not only looks amateurish, it leaves gaps which are difficult to keep clean.

Reply to
BillR

You guys have just answered a question for me too - thanks!

I've got a full bathroom installation (bath, pedestal unit and loo) booked in for next month, and the lady that I'm doing it for says she's got a single sheet of PVC flooring. I was wondering about whether to cut around the loo, or remove the loo, put down the floor, and then put in the new loo.

Excellent! This forum yet again answers a very useful question.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Can sliding underneath be done without having to alter the height of the soil pipe? Is there enough 'give' in the system to accommodate it being highered by the thickness of a sheet of PVC?

Reply to
Cycle