fitting PVC flooring

I have to fit some pvc flooring (single piece) around a loo situated in a 1.5 m wide alcove. What is the correct way to do this to get the piece to fit around the curved edges? Is it best to cut a template out of something first? At the moment I'm at the stage of slit it up the middle and hack bits out until it (doesn't) fit properly! Thanks
dave wrote:

Lift the loo up and slide it underneath! I tiled our bathroom and regret not doing the same thing, although a harder proposition.
--
Scott

Scott M wrote:

IMHO its the only way to do it. Cutting around the toilet not only looks amateurish, it leaves gaps which are difficult to keep clean.

You guys have just answered a question for me too - thanks!
I've got a full bathroom installation (bath, pedestal unit and loo) booked in for next month, and the lady that I'm doing it for says she's got a single sheet of PVC flooring. I was wondering about whether to cut around the loo, or remove the loo, put down the floor, and then put in the new loo.
Excellent! This forum yet again answers a very useful question.
PoP

soil pipe? Is there enough 'give' in the system to accommodate it being highered by the thickness of a sheet of PVC?