Fitting of half pedestal wash basin

Which arrived today. I imagined with the weight of the basin and half pedestal ( both very heavy) that the half pedestal would be secured to the wall by some means and the basin screwed to the wall as well Not so... the pedestal will be held on to the bottom of the basin by 2 springs, there is no means of securing it to the wall ,and the weight of both items by 2 srews at the back of the basin. The bit it screws through is just quater inch of porcelain near the edge.

Even then the holes are in a position where a normal screwdriver would be on an angle.

I'm a bit concerned about all the weght and only supported by two screws.

Any suggestions

MFI by the way.... rung them 4 times this morning, no bath supports, springs for pedestal, but no washers/fitting,toilet but no pan, cistern but no ballcock/fittings, taps broken, this issue.... waste of time.

Steve Posted to uk.diy.home by mistake

Reply to
Justin Time