Fitting of fake oak trusses

I am completing an extention and have a bedroom ceiling that sloes up from the wall towards the ceiling for about 1.5m. To give the impression of antiquity I wanted to use oak roof trusses but thought that this would be too expensive.

Therefore I have decided to by reclaimed oak and to cut this into the plasterwork in the wall and ceiling at either end to give the effect of a beam running diagonally up the slope looking like a partially hidden truss.

Question is has anybody else done this and how will i fix these up ? Any suggestions ?

Reply to
Matt King