Fitting kitchen plinth

Fitting an el cheapo kitchen from Gower in my sisters house. Units are

15mm chipboard, as is the plinth which is intended to be screwed to the chipboard sides/legs of the base units.

I'm thinking a bunch of a screw holes with plastic caps all the way along the plinth is going to look crap, no matter how cheap the kitchen is. What's the best way to fix it without screwing?

I thought about using roller latches but there must be a better way? I know you can get plinth clips with units with plastic legs but can you get something similar for units without?

Reply to
hoicem

Have a look on the Woodfit site at plinth clip PC005

That might work or you may spot something else suitable

Reply to
Andy Hall

Why not just use magnetic latches if you want them demountable, plus maybe a mastic seal along the floor join.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Velcro?

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Don't use velcro...it's a rip-off!!

Mark.

Reply to
mark.hannah

Couple of small blobs of No More Nails? It will hold it in place & still come away easy enough.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Silicone would be better for such a bodge.......

Reply to
Andy Hall

Put the plinth in place and screw down through the base cupboards into the top of the plinth- no obvious screws that way, and removable if you need to

Reply to
steve