Fitting Brick LIghts

Following up on recent pots. I have a reasonably large number of your 'Brick lights' to fit ...

light is is 3 parts ... main casting (with gasket) Front glass Front Louvre.

When fitting ... a very simple question arises .... should they be fitted so that the casting is flush with front edge of brickwork (opt A in sketch)

This would mean that as glass is about 6mm thick ... the front Louvre would then be spaced away from the wall.

Or should they be fitted so that the front of glass is flush with front edge of brickwork (opt B)

This would allow Louvre to be flat against brickwork, but runs risk of Louvre 'tightening up against brick work & not the glass ... and thus gasket would not seal .

Rick Hughes

Yours may be different from mine, but with mine, the casting has to be slightly proud of the brickwork or when you screw the retaining frame on, it will foul the surrounding brickwork before it creates any pressure on the gasket.

Also, I would suggest cutting a couple of small sections out of the gasket at the bottom two corners, to act as a condensate drain, unless your bricklamp already has some provision for this.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

customer has fitted and I'll see what he has done.

I'll take some pictures if I remember the camera....

ISTR lots of expanding foam when I was there earlier.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , Rick Hughes writes

A, body flush, louvre proud. If you fully flush fit then you will have problems of where to mortar up to and how you will remove the front for lamp replacement.

Fully flush may be a better look but I don't think that fitting supports it.

Reply to
fred