Fitting Acrylic sheet

Need some ideas on how to achieve fitting an acrylic sheet. I have a large 'barn style' outbuilding, on 1 side it consists of 6 " square post & gallows brackets. The other side of this building is a fence, which comes up over 2.3 of the open bays. The bays are open to allow through draught of air, and air come through fence no problem, the issue is the top 1/3rd allow rain to blow in, and because of the dwarf wall, it gets wet inside and stays wet long after rain has gone.

Hopefully this sketch will show what I mean:

don't want to close off the bays as need air flow (& light) ... thought about putting in an acrylic sheet between the gallows brackets, just to prevent the blow in of rain. If I sloped this so that the lower edge was clear of upright posts, it should also provide a 'drip' to prevent much of the water ingress. i.e. as in sketch ..
between each support posts is 6' ... and there are multiple bays to do. Assume I use something like 10mm thick Acrylic ... I can easily manufacture side & top edge supports out of wood .... some ½" x ½" either side of ends & top, would provide location slot. The issue is what to use for bottom support ... i.e. along bottom edge.

6' is a long span ... what I need is something I can bond to acrylic to provide a drip, and if it is longer than sheet would also provide a fixing point to outer face of posts.

I having been mulling over using aluminum 90 angle section, anybody any better ideas ?

Also any other ides of acrylic sheet, or even thickness of it I'm proposing.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

yebbut he wants light too....

Reply to
Jim K

I was given a few left over sheets of twinwall roof sheets so beloved by conservatory builders. I had a similar problem with "almost but not fully closing in" large apertures at each end of an ex piggery. These worked fine by fixing at each side with long screws through a wooden slat to prevent pull-through, the sheets, and into plugged holes in the blockwork.

Reply to
cynic

I was given a few left over sheets of twinwall roof sheets so beloved by conservatory builders. I had a similar problem with "almost but not fully closing in" large apertures at each end of an ex piggery. These worked fine by fixing at each side with long screws through a wooden slat to prevent pull-through, the sheets, and into plugged holes in the blockwork.

what did you seal the end with ? ,.... assume opens ends would fill quickly with flies & spiders

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Bignell

Reply to