Fitting a replacement gas hob

Page 2 of 2
Sorry mate, can't be arsed. It'll only make the thread go on forever and I just can't be doing with it.

arsed.
with

Where an earth did you get that nonsense from? This is certainly not what the HSE are stating in recent published studies.

Please supply details of said court cases to back this up.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
You know... sometimes you just know that a thread is going to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on...
Well I just can't be arsed. Let people make their own minds up.

only
turned
they
option
on
for
law -

In other words, you just made the whole thing up.........
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Case Law. Been going back through the archives - Crown Court & High Court with keywords (CORGI or gas & competent), fascinating reading. Can't find any prosecuted diy-ers.
Court Of Appeal 1997. It was upheld that both the landlord's and Corgi man's convictions for manslaughter were valid. Ex-tenant in flat complained of headache, nausea etc. Landlord engaged Corgi guy. Corgi guy invoiced for 'cleaning flue' among a host of other items. Landlord got his bit of paper. New tenant curls his toes after 14 days, but hadn't complained. Police investigation ensues, landlord waves bit of paper. Turns out he had made no attempt to satisfy _himself_ that all was A-OK by investigation or checking, hence he was also culpable. Both off to HMP.
Crown Court 1994. Two man band, co-directors. Just started up 000001AAA-Plumbing Ltd. One has individual Corgi reg, the other has C&G. Nice man from Yellow Pages designs ad for them, cheery cartoon plumber, 24hr callout, Corgi logo, you know the thing. Unhappy customer does some digging, one call to trading standards later and they are up in court (Trades Description Act) after "recklessly making a statement which is false... included the rendering of services and... the examination, approval or evaluation by any persons of any service" EH? In real words - representing the firm as Corgi registered. A big no-no when it's just the guy in the van. Slapped wrist, fine, costs (probably go broke).
--
Toby.

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 18:46:53 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

I'm fairly sure such case(s) would have been reported in the CORGI comic "Gas Installer".
AFAIK they have only been reporting the usual crop of unregistered bodgers who get fined serious money for not being registerered and/or pretending to be so.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 21:52:33 +0000, "Ed Sirett"

Which I'm sure we would all agree is a good thing.
PoP