Fitting a dimmer switch to a floor lamp - No Earth

Indeed. Didn't say they were all ideal for this. And of course the design of the dimmer can come into it too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In my day a 'dimmer switch'was the length of cane the headmaster carried... har har.

That could effect some amazing transformations..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hi,

managed to take the dimmer out and reconnect the wires over the weekend and the lamp still works so it was the dimmer that went bang and not the transformer. It still resembles having the a small piece of the sun in the corner of the room though, so as per another poster, I am going to buy some 12V5W G4 bulbs (see link below) to replace the 12V10W ones that are currently in it.

One last question? Will I be able to mix 12V10W and 12V5W bulbs?

Cheers, and thanks for all your help,

Col> On 1 Nov 2005 06:26:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: >

Reply to
colin.j.brown

Changed the bulbs for lower wattage ones and the jobs a good 'un -- wish I had thought of that in the beginning, would've saved a lot of bother!

Thanks to all for your help.

:-)

Reply to
colin.j.brown