Fitting a bathroom suite

Hi,

I am considering replacing my old bathroom suite (1970s I guess) with something that is not brown (a straight swap). I've not done much plumbing, but I am pretty handy at DIY (have fitted my own kitchen etc.).

Is this overambitious?

What sort of connectors do folks recommend to use? In my mind the type that fix with solder seem less likely to leak, but maybe flexible connectors are easier to work with?

Thanks,

John

Reply to
John McDowall

I'm sure if you can plumb in a kitchen sink, you can do a bathroom - principle's the same.

Flexible connectors are really specifically for the last few inches of pipework, to connect your bath/sink taps to the pipework. They are certainly really good; much easier than having to fit rigid pipework in exactly the right position. AFAIK the only time when they are perhaps not advisable is if you are really strugglking for water pressure (as they have a narrower bore than solid pipe.

I'm assuming you don't have much other pipework to do, if it's a straight swap? If you do, the options also include using plastic pushfit pipes, which are dead easy.

Google this newsgroup for loads more info on all of this.

David

Reply to
Lobster