Fitting a bath

But they are the ones that will contribute to paying our old age pensions.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

It took a couple of seconds, but ILMAO

Thanks for that

Dave

Reply to
Dave

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember PeterC saying something like:

That's the spirit that made Britain great!

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Dave saying something like:

Damn, you're right. OK, breed like f*ck, everyone. By the time the Earth runs out of resources and the air is poison, I'll be long gone.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Probably need lots of ventilation, or no doors. Also, gaps for cables.

Cheers. The parts probably came to about £50 (plus £80 for the short projection basin, and ISTR the tap was quite expensive (Wickes), but I've forgotten). I think only two of the doors were full price - the rest were £1 or £2 each from the damaged section, because I cut the damaged bits off.

Yes! There are 4 pipes in that bundle, with the hottest (heating flow) in the back corner so you can't touch it, and the coolest (condensate drain) at the front.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Grouting was pretty instant. It was several months before it was painted (I hate painting, and it waited until kitchen was ready to paint too). Second picture is a long time after it was finished.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel wibbled on Saturday 12 December 2009 18:27

Absolutely.

The overall plan is to get the machines upwards to avoid wasting floorspace.

If I can line the cupboards with acoustic foam SWMBO will be most pleased.

One of the cupboards is slated to contain a small but proper set of patch panels, routing all cat5, aerials (inc dist amps) and phone circuits. One or two large round holes into the ceiling end up near a section of basket tray that will carry ELV round 3 sides of the house perimeter (LV being in an adjacent seperate basket tray). This should make pissing about with cables more straighforward in the future - after all, it's the comms that gets messed about with more IME.

Yes - ventilation is a big issue.

As I'm next to an external wall, I have some options. One I'm exploring is make the cupboards internally continuous (cross flow ventilation) and to have 3 fans[1]. One leads to an external vent and the other two are in opposite sides of the cupboard venting to the hall, next to 2 bedrooms.

I would have the option of blowing hot air outside in summer, and as a side effect, drawing air out of the hall.

In winter, switch the external fan off and the 2nd internal one on and use the waste heat (about 800W at present) to do something useful.

If I had 2 fans sucking from the hall instead of one, I would then have teh extra benefit of 2 redundant cooling systems - careful application of thermostats would choose the best configuration to run with depending on hall temperature, bringing in the second pair of fans (as a backup) if things were getting too hot.

The hard bit to to make sure the air paths within the cupboards are functional (not absolutely straighforward with random kit sucking and blowing in all directions) - and also to make it fairly muffled including the vents.

The purpose is to have a sort of machineroom-on-the-wall which looks like house furniture (as much as I like cables and LEDs, "the others" don't), and that the whole setup is quiet.

That's a most interesting idea. Time to start rummaging round the damaged section methinks.

I bet you did the bending in one go too just to be annoying! ;->>>

(My bath tap tails have 3 bends in close proximity in various axis, each and I wasn't happy until the 3rd set. To be fair, I'd not done any pipe bending beyond a simple single bend before)

Well done :)

Reply to
Tim W

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) saying something like:

Just kidding. I couldn't resist exif peeping.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon