fitted wardrobes

Hi,

I want to install some fitted wardrobes into our bedroom, but would obviously like to do it myself much cheaper. Can anyone point me in the right direction for somewhere that sells diy "kits" or somewhere that supplys just the bare bones. All i can seem to find it people who fit them rather than just sell the bits.

tia.

Ian.

Reply to
I J H

The fact that they are "fitted" implies that they are designed to fit into the particular space - and not standard sizes.

You therefore buy all the necessary components from BMs or sheds and then cut them to size and fit them. By components, I mean sheets of conti-board (or similar), bi-fold or sliding door gear, door knobs, trim strips, hanging rails, brackets, screws, rawlplugs etc.

Reply to
Set Square

Ahh...of course, me missing the obvious there!

In that case can anyone supply any info as to the best way to go about the job?

Reply to
I J H

I'd look at the Wickes range if I were you. They can help you with the design and the units are as good as the ones most of the other companies fit. Obviously the very expensive ones are better but I assume you aren't considering that sort of price range.

Reply to
G&M

mfi sells them. I believe fitting is optional.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle