Fitted oven

Hello I am about to fit a floor level fitted oven with hob set in the worktop above. I'll be fitting a metal splashback above the hob to protect the wall but wonder if I need to continue the metal down below worktop level to protect the wall behind the oven.

Also will the oven need to be vented through the worktop or will the heat dissipate enough without a vent.

I believe an electrician is required to connect the oven and hob to the mains, is that correct?

Thanks Jack

Reply to
Jack

Contact the manufacturer. He should be able to advise on both of these points.

It can be a DIY job if you feel competent to do it. Currently there is no legal requirement to use a qualified electrician. From next year, due to a new part P in the Building Regulations, wiring in the kitchen will have to be, or you will need to make an application to the local authority.

For the moment it is up to you. Obviously common sense says that if you are not 100% sure of what you are doing then don't DIY it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall