Fitch/Flitch beam for purlins

One's all it needs, if it's the identical arrangement to yours What the implications are when it comes to sale, insurance etc are a separate question.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well it's primarily for that purpose that I want a professional report rather than a roofer who might just put his finger in the air and suggest a solution (which may well be better than what is being proposed).

But also the one I've seen still has the water tank frame in situ and I don't know how much rafter load that is taking, so not quite identical.

Reply to
AnthonyL

Might be handy for shelves - thanks, but we've also got dynamic loads as well as not so easy to work out static loads.

Reply to
AnthonyL

The sagulator is really not an appropriate tool for the job IMHO. Not least it gets completely different answers (i.e. >100% discrepancy) from calculations produced by Superbeam (which is likely what the LABC will be using to check results)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'm now having problems getting the company to do the recalculations based on the correct measurements. Any idea where to go on this?

Reply to
AnthonyL

You could grab the demo version of Tony's Superbeam program and have play with that... It won't let you print from the demo, but you can at least see the numbers and get a feel for what kind of beam will be adequate.

Reply to
John Rumm

small claims for cost of survey.

NT