Fit bathroom accessories before or after tiling?

I have a few things to put on the bathroom wall - shower attachment holder, heated towel rail (off CH) - and I want to know if it is best to hang these first and then tile round them, or wait until all the tiles are up and then drill holes to hang them. This might be a bit difficult as I guess I have to get the radiator pipes through the wall first.

Same for the toilet pan - do I fix it to the floor first, tile round it, or do I lay all the floor tiles and then screw the fixing through the tiles?

Cheers for any advice...........

Earl

Reply to
Earl Kella

I'd go for the latter. Tiles cut and grouted around things looks a real mess IMHO.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Personally - I'd tile and floor first - and fix later.

Reply to
Paul King