fishing rod

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i have been given? Smudger

Reply to
smudger

Do you have accidental damage house contents insurance .??

I can only suggest consulting a repairer .Check angling magazines for contacts . Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

We have a broken one too, my husband reckons it can't be repaired, if anyone knows any different please do post!

Reply to
Holly in France

Epoxy, and wrap the joint with carbon tow, soaked in more epoxy.

If its a hollow shaft, stick some CF rod up the middle with epoxy as well.

is your friend...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That would however completely ruin the "action" of the rod. (ie curve properties)

Reply to
Timfy

By all accounts, they're not too good at the moment!

Reply to
zikkimalambo

A fair point ;-)

Reply to
Timfy

Quite ;-) When my husband said his couldn't be mended, it wasn't actually that he thought it couldn't be done, rather that the rod wouldn't be much good afterwards. I must admit I thought that if it was usable at all it would be an improvement on the current situation! He has since bought a new one, but I think it would be worth mending the other one even if only for the children to practice with. Another round tuit needed.....

-- Holly, in France Holiday Home in Dordogne

Holly, in France