First they came for lightbulbs

Yup mine has a little louvred vent on the front panel that blows out hot wet air when drying... (when its fan is not full of gunge and just squeeking that is!)

Reply to
John Rumm

It was proposed/implemented recently in Holland but not sure if it is enshrined in EU law yet.

Reply to
bert

En el artículo , bert escribió:

Glyphosate, the key ingredient in Monsanto?s Roundup weedkiller brand, has been given a clean bill of health by the UN?s joint meeting on pesticides residues (JMPR), two days before a crunch EU vote on whether to relicense it.

The co-analysis by the UN?s Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and World Health Organisation found that the chemical was 'unlikely to pose a carcinogenic risk to humans from exposure through the diet'.

This finding flatly contradicts an assessment by the WHO?s cancer agency last year that the herbicide solution was 'probably carcinogenic to humans'

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No I don't, why would I want to vote on something which only concerns another country. Unless they of course can vote on something that concerns me.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Depends who's the fastest draw doesn't it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'd go back to physics and look at the latent heat of water. If you want water to actualy boil rather than just get very hot (which is OK for washing and coffee, but NOT tea) you need boiling water not just very hot water which has been trying to biuol for the last 10 mins.

Reply to
whisky-dave

But not all the heat gooes into the water a lot goes into the kettle itself especailly metal ones. Then there's the part that creates the whistle (old style kettle) that takes energy and there's only one place it comes from.

which is rare.

Better at heating the water up more effectively of course, but is that all anyone wants.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And they were illegal when they joined the EU. what I am refering to is going backwards from abortions not being illegal to becoming illegal or the legallity being changed wihout every country in the EU voting on it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Around the turn of the century I was working on a traffic / road information system that a consortium of firms were developing... That included what (superficially at least) looked like a normal Jag XJ8 (if you ignored to 40 odd cameras pointing out of it and the boot absolutely full of electronics), but it was completely drive by wire - the connection between pedals, and the steering wheel was all communicated to the mechanics via a dedicated high priority CAN bus, and no physical linkages.

Reply to
John Rumm

That might be the requirement for 2.2MJ of energy for every kg of water converted to steam!

Reply to
John Rumm