first fix and back boxes / sockets etc.

What is the expectation of back boxes and sockets on a first fix inspection ? If you are doing a job (kitchen sockets) where the exact location of sockets will need to be determined in conjunction with tiling etc, there will need to be plenty of slack in the cables to move the boxes around a bit. If the whole thing was wired up properly there would be not room for manoeuvre. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

With above worktop sockets which are likely to be the ones that need to be a very neat fit to the tiling, I'd just run in the feeds to either end of the tile 'strip' and leave the rest until you get a more accurate idea of where things look best.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

I have done it that way in the past. Just make sure when the walls are dot and dabbed that there are not blobs of the plaster where the sockets are needed.

Reply to
Adam Wadsworth

=A0 =A0 London SW

Yep. May glue on some strips of PB to make a "channel" just to make sure no blobs can get in the way. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson