First concrete 3d printed building?

Started with a Rep-Rap and a `model` castle

and is moving forward impressively, actual machine building things rather than just renderings

Adam Aglionby

Saw that previously.

Brilliant, well, unless you are a bricklayer of course.

Having built and run a Cartesian 3d printer I can feel every movement of that concrete printers motions. In fact it seems quite scene in comparison with our dinky thing.

Even thought the printer frame has to be pretty strong, rigid and accurate, it's funny how any slight imperfections are normally ironed out on the next pass (assuming they matter in the first place).

It constantly amazes me re the uses I hear people putting them to.

A mates daughter makes cakes and (currently) buys (hopes to make for herself soon) 3d printed shape cutters for all sort of cake occasions.

A mate recently bought some new steel framed chairs for his kitchen and some of the rubber feet were missing. It took me 5 minutes to measure and draw on the PC ... and maybe an hour and a half to print, four new feet that he says work better than the originals.

It still seem weird to be able to think of something, draw and print it and have it in your hand the same morning (like drilling / cutting jigs and templates, brackets and the like).

I still remember the old days when I had to go down the cold workshop and file, drill, saw ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I see, well sure beats the inflatable church... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff