Firework recommendations?

Well the 5th of November is not too far away and I have clubbed together with a few friends for a bonfire night party.

Budget is about £750 for fireworks.

Recommendations welcome for online buying or Yorkshire based for pick up.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It's been a while, but I've bought from Sandling

paynes, but can't seem to find a web site for them.

I'd suggest going for the big "cakes" with a single ignition - much easier to setup - the last big ones I got had an electrical ignition too

- you just needed a 9 volt battery! These were 5 big units at £100 each - lasted just under a miunte each. they were from Paynes but it was a few years back and I don't have the contact details anymore.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

In message , ARWadsworth writes

My old school chaplain ...

geoff

Everyone will get bored after £250 worth and will wish you had spent it on food and drink.

Reply to
John

....and the only ones who really enjoy it are those ones doing the lighting. Some sort of primeval instinct!

Reply to
John

Chinese Fireworks in Sheffield is very good and I have bought from them a number of times. They are based just off the inner ring-road next to Waitrose.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

Every one bar the kids

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That's about one rocket at today's prices isn't it?

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Black Cat / Standard Fireworks in Huddersfield.

They open their factory shop, with late evening opening, from the 23rd October.

They have a lot more choice then than the limited selection shown on their website.

Alan J. Wylie

"nightjar.me.uk>"

Rockets? The last time I used 3" mortars. They go up a couple of hundred feet and spread about 60-80 feet. Not suitable unless you have 100 yards between them and crowd. I am not sure that you can get them without a license these days.

Reply to
dennis

Kimbolton for house-sized (rebadged Chinese, but he chooses well), or Sandling for big stuff.

On a budget like that, you'll need licensing and approriate storage. It's a bit late for this year, but it's worth doing some intern work on other peoples' displays and getting your own ticket.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

=A3250 for fireworks and put the rest in a legal expenses fund?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

prat.

As long as it organised and disciplined, no problem. Its when its a free for all that accidents happen.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They prefer the full £750 spent on drinks...

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

and sparklers, and marshmellows they can cook.

I often let off just one firework.

The first is the best.

The last is the second best.

In between there's a period of fireworks, oos and ahs.

[g]
Reply to
george (dicegeorge)

Do it yourself, you lazy bugger.

also highly recommend co-ordinating the display with the 1812 Overture.

Reply to
dpydotsmw

It won't be long before Effin Safely stop sale of Fireworks, or make anybody watching them sign a 10 page disclaimer.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Yes.

I was responding to a posting by Mr Wadsworth :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Nice one, I am working in Sheffield tommorow. I will have a look.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yes.

I was responding to a posting by Mr Wadsworth :-)

Owain

I can assure you that it will not be an organised and disciplined event.

Non of the last ones were.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth