Fireplaces

We plan to put in a cast iron stove in the lounge. We have plasterboarded the bricks and used a glue compound from the local DIY store to do this. With some tiles on the top of this will this be able to handle the heat from the fire or should we have kept the bicks? ideally we would have liked to just put some sort of heat resistant plaster over the top of the plasterboard, is this possible? If so what do we need.

thanks in advance

Reply to
steve